People consider joining BIPP for lots of reasons. Their wish to develop as a professional photographer is often at the top of the list, along with easy access to professional training and the most respected professional qualifications in photography. There’s also The Photographer magazine, legal advice and services. See below for a full list of benefits.
However, one of the most important reasons people stay as members is because they enjoy the benefit of being part of a community: regional meetings, national competitions, conferences and events provide opportunities to talk to like-minded photographers.
Membership of the British Institute of Professional Photography is open to full or part time professional photographers from all disciplines.
We also offer a Friends package, for people interested or involved in photography who would like to keep in touch with what's happening in the profession.
Image Copyright: Bryn Griffiths FBIPP
For details about different membership options please use the links below
As a qualified member of BIPP you would have access to a huge range of benefits:
- internationally recognised professional qualifications...leading to increased prominence in the market place
- recognition of your qualification by other organisations and employers
- a tiered structure offering continual professional development
- free qualifications advice
- events and seminars across the country
- portfolio reviews
- regional meetings
- subsidised training by industry leaders
- entry to the Professional Photography Awards
- entry to the BIPP Towergate Camerasure Fine Art Competition
- the Photographer magazine
- regular email updates
- use of the BIPP logo
- your own portfolio page on bipp.com
- business generation leads
- free resources - contracts, licensing, releases etc.
- discounted display advertising
- preferential deals from 3rd party companies
- international network of contacts
- credit card processing packages
- free 24/7 legal helpline
- exclusive UK access to the Federation of European Photographers
- the peace of mind that comes with a framework of a code of professional conduct and complaints procedure
- promotion of qualified members to the users of photography/buyers