Become an International Member of the BIPP
BIPP offers a challenging qualifications structure, a programme of workshops, mentoring and advice and additional support through a network of professional services and benefits. The annual Professional Photography Awards welcomes entries from international photographers, including non-members into the BIPP Open category.
We have members worldwide, covering all disciplines of professional photography and the creative industries. We work with universities and colleges, including the UKʼs Defence School of Photography and the College of Policing, to ensure the future of the professional photographic profession. We bring attention to issues that affect photographers, ensuring that professional photography cannot be ignored and that our profession has a positive future.
BIPP is an active member of the FEP (Federation of European Professional Photographers) and can advise people on submitting for their European qualifications.
Why You Should Join?
- Internationally recognised photographic qualifications
- Your portfolio page on bipp.com
- Use of the BIPP logo & official BIPP merchandise
- Entry into the BIPP Professional Photography Awards
- "the Photographer” magazine
- Regular enews updates
- Online portfolio reviews
- Events and Conferences
How do I apply to become a qualified member?*
As an International photographer, applying for Licentiate or Associate membership of the BIPP, you need to submit the following by dropbox or post:
- 25 images from a selection of commissioned works. Each image must be a medium size jpeg (max of
- 6mb per image) and shot in the last 2 years.
- A scan of your current company promotional literature.
- Examples of any published work.
- Copies of applicable insurance.
- A completed membership application form.
- Payment of the £50 Assessment fee plus £125 for your yearly membership.
The next step:
- Send all of the above to BIPP by post or by Dropbox to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application will be assessed and we will inform you of the Assessorsʼ decision.
- If successful, you will be awarded either a Licentiate or an Associate qualification.
*This applies to Licentiate or Associate qualifications only. Please contact BIPP if applying for Fellowship.
Applicable to new memberships and on the anniversary of existing memberships from November 2016.
the worldwide qualifying organisation for photographers and creatives